Thursday, August 25, 2011

Where it All Goes Down Wednesday

Today (err, yesterday!) is Day 3 of Teacher Week!

I have been busy, busy, busy in my new classroom! Michigan schools don't go back until after Labor Day, so I have a little less than two weeks to wrap up my classroom and finish up begin and finish lesson plans. I've been working hard and reading up all summer, but there's so much to learn about (two) new grade levels! :o)

I'm only featuring a few finished areas today:
My storage closet and clip chart. The clip chart was an idea from Mrs. Bainbridge:
This was a present from Mr. Lopac last Christmas (before we were married). I didn't take the wrapping off until after the wedding, but I sure did show it off. I'm proud to have it hanging up sans wrapping this year! :o) He bought it on etsy, but I don't know from which seller. I could find out if anyone's interested:
My 100 Club banner - idea from Mrs. Bainbridge and banner from Vista Print. It's an optional reading club!:
These drawers are to the left of the closet and to the right of my small group table. I've used file folders for each day of the week and they worked well in my 5th/6th class. I'm expecting I'll have more materials this year and will need more than a file folder:
Close up:

Jobs! Below this bulletin board is the Writing Center (unfinished), so I'm leaving room on the bulletin board for anchor charts for writing. I used job cards from Mrs. Lemons:
A close up:
This is my moveable word wall! I'm so excited how this turned out. This hangs in the front of the room under the board. Words are velcro-ed onto the ribbon so that students can easily bring them to where they're working. Letter cards came from Mrs. Lemons. I shrunk them half-size so they would work on my word wall:
Close up.... Telula is my dog / our class pet. I've been able to bring Telula to school several days a week in the past. She truly calmed my 5th/6th graders and our classroom, and I know she'll do the same with my 1st/2nd graders:
Here is my CAFE menu*. The next picture is the CAFE menu I made a few days ago. I decided it looked tacky (I didn't like the  Easter-colored border or the yellow separators that were made out of tissue paper), so I took the whole thing down and created the one above. I think it looks much better!:
*I downloaded the CAFE headings from somewhere, but I can't figure out where! I'm sorry! If anyone knows who I got them from, I'd love to give her credit!

The "tacky" CAFE menu that is no longer!:     :o)
This chair will be for the Star of the Week (or VIP...or whatever I end up calling it!). I found it in our new house's basement! I repainted it and made a pillow. I love it:
This is where it sits in the classroom:

The outside of my door. Cupcake idea was also from Mrs. Lemons! The PAWS are our school-wide management system:

Without further ado, here are a few unfinished (and downright messy!) areas. These are the areas I probably should have been tackling instead of redoing my CAFE menu, yes? Oh well... :o)

This will be my calendar/math bulletin board:
My math supplies and games. Oh and yes, that was my wedding slip. I borrowed it from someone in town and I'm waiting to schedule a time to drop it off:    :o)
The library... eek!:

That's all I have to show for now. More classroom pictures will come soon! I'm off to school to keep working!

4 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! Good luck with the "100 Club". I hope your kids will like it as much as mine did!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!!! I LOVE how to used the alphabet as your word wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful! Love that your dog is the class pet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the interactive word wall and the CAFE!!!

    ReplyDelete