Friday, August 5, 2011

'ello!

Welcome to my little teaching blog. This year will be my fifth year teaching. I've taught pre-kindergarten and kindergarten (one year), combined fifth/sixth grade (three years), and now I am so excited to be moving to combined first/second grade! I have a degree in Elementary Education K-8 and Language Arts from Northern Michigan University. I am currently working on my MAE in Reading K-8.

I recently married my sweetheart, Christopher. We have a doggy-daughter named Telula. We live in a pretty town on a lake.
Other than teaching, my hobbies (yes, I just called teaching a 'hobby' - I thoroughly enjoy it!) include:
- reading (and listening to books on my iPod)
- projects (of all sorts! crafts... sewing... house projects... etc.)
- walking or playing with Telula
- watching 'our shows' with Christopher (The Office & How I Met Your Mother)
- visiting family
- cooking/baking (mostly on weekends or during the summer)
- ...and of course reading blogs. I'm an addict. My favorites blog genres include: teaching, project/sewing, diy home repair, and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment